Accredited Flexi-time Permaculture Design Course – Roscommon
With Earthcare Permaculture Design
September 20th 2021 – March 18th 2022 (no contact time 15th Dec- 15th Jan)
Accredited and certified by the Permaculture Association Britain.
A new twist in a classic course! Offering this flexi-time PDC as a pilot this autumn/winter as an alternative to the typical intensive & residential 2 week PDC experience.
This course is designed to be hyper-local and flexi-time so as to provide and accessible route into Permaculture for people who
- need more flexibility of schedule
- would like to explore a livelihood in Permaculture Design and related disciplines
- prefer or need a more hands-on and applied, ‘apprenticeship style’ learning format
- live in the ‘catchment’ area of Earthcare’s work and projects – County Roscommon and surrounding areas.
The Permaculture design certificate course (PDC) is an international standard in Permaculture training. It is a wide-lens introductory course which leads to further study/training and/or specialisation in any one area of Permaculture. (See course details document for progression pathways)
This PDC course is delivered by Hannah Mole of Earthcare Permaculture Design with additional guest tutor input from, and site visits to, expert practitioners in each of the fields.
This is a unique opportunity to complete a Permaculture Design Certificate course in the workplace. With teaching and mentoring from an experienced Permaculture design practitioner, in a one-to-one and small group (max 5 participants) setting.
This PDC course is structured around real-life in-progress design projects. The course curriculum is delivered in an applied setting together with reflective assignments, and one supported design project undertaken by each participant.
This PDC course runs over a 6 month term through the autumn/winter 2021/22 season.
The required participant commitment over the 6 months is:
- A minimum of 100 hours tutor contact time – a blend of action led learning, apprenticing, hands on work and regular reflective practise.
- 20 hours online curated course content – video and reading
- Completion of a small design project
Certification is awarded on completion of these commitments within the 6 month time frame.
For full details of this course please see Earthcare Accredited PDC Course Information.
To participate in this course you will need to
- Read fully the details of this course and contact us with any clarifying questions **before applying**
- Complete the application form
- Attend an in-person interview which will include discussion on your needs and designing a schedule for the 6 months to ensure that you complete the course requirements within the 6 months.
- Arrange payment/plan or grant funding **Must be fully agreed and completed before the start of the course time 20th September 2021** Social Welfare recipients please enquire with your case officer about accessing the Training Support Grant (TESG) to cover your course fee.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!